Make a Donation
Our donors have helped to ensure that people affected by mental illness get the education and support they need to better understand mental illness, navigate the mental health care system, and maintain healthy relationships in a community free of stigma. Through your donations, you are ensuring that no individual or family is alone on their mental health journey.
How NAMI Dane County Makes a Difference
- We provide free peer-led support and education classes to more than 900 individuals and families every year.
- We participate in and host awareness events and activities, like Mental Illness Awareness Week, National Mental Health Month and NAMIWalks to help fight stigma and stereotypes.
- We advocate on national, state and local levels to promote policies that help people living with mental illness.
- We promote research so new treatments and early intervention solutions are made a priority.
- Our support line responds to more than 350 requests each year, providing resources and information to those in need.
Ways of Giving
There are so many ways you can help NAMI Dane County continue making a difference in the lives of people with mental illness and their families. We have several programs donors can utilize in making their gifts, including general donations, memorials and honorariums, workplace giving, planned giving, and endowment giving. A variety of options are explained in more detail below.
Donate by Mail or Phone
Mail a check to:
NAMI Dane County
2059 Atwood Ave.
Madison, WI 53704
Or call us at (608) 249-7188
Tribute Gifts: Honorary and Memorial Giving
You can contribute to NAMI Dane County in honor of someone special in your life or in memory of a lost loved one. You can make an honorary or memorial gift online, by mail or on the phone.
Workplace Giving and Matching Gifts
Many employers offer matching gift programs to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations. Many programs match contributions dollar for dollar, and some will even double or triple the amount of your gift. Contact your employer to see if they have a matching gift program.
In 2011, NAMI Dane County established an endowment fund at the Madison Community Foundation. The capital in our endowment fund is utilized for NAMI Dane County education and support programs. To make a contribution, mail a check to the Madison Community Foundation and designate 'NAMI Dane County endowment fund' in the memo line.
One of the most meaningful and easiest gifts you can make is through a bequest to NAMI Dane County. A bequest is a gift you pass to a person or entity through your will. Charitable bequests are unique in that they enjoy deductions from federal and most state inheritance taxes. Your financial planner can provide you with assistance.
If you do decide to make a charitable bequest to our organization, you will need to choose the type of bequest that best suits your particular needs and wishes.
- Specific bequest: While this may take the form of an exact dollar amount, it could be a specific asset from your estate such as stocks, bonds, life insurance or real estate.
- Percentage bequest: A bequest may be expressed as a percentage of your estate. Expressed in this way, your wishes are guaranteed regardless of whether your estate grows larger or smaller over time.
- Contingent bequest: Certain criteria must be met before a contingent bequest is satisfied. For example, you might designate that we receive all or some of your estate only in the event you outlive your primary beneficiaries. This language protects your estate from litigation or from distribution to unintended parties.
- Restricted bequest: You may wish to restrict your bequest for a specific purpose or NAMI Dane County program.
Please consult your financial advisor for more information on planned giving. If you have left NAMI Dane County in your estate plans, please notify our office at 608-249-7188.
NAMI Dane County is a 501(c)(3) organization and can also be identified for tax purposes with our EIN 39-1270706