Share Your Story
While education is a core component of the work we do in helping the general public better understand mental illness, we believe the best way to combat stigma is for people to step forward and share their experiences.
If you would like to share your story, please complete the form below. We review all submissions and this process may take some time, so your work may not be posted immediately. We cannot guarantee that everything we receive will be published.
By submitting this story you are agreeing to the following terms:
- Every story submitted is reviewed by NAMI Dane County and all stories may not be posted.
- Stories with inappropriate or offensive language as well as information about specific medications or medical treatments may not be posted.
- Stories which are longer than 1,500 words may be shortened or not posted.
- Your name will be posted along with your story and may be shared on other social media platforms as well as Google searches.
- This is not a place to promote personal blogs, websites, books or other works.
- Do not post personal identifying information such as phone numbers, emails, or addresses.
NAMI Dane County reserves the right to make slight edits to each story which may include adding or deleting information to ensure the post is in line with our criteria.